Washington University of St. Louis Staff Therapist (Part time) - Psychiatry - 50236 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is part-time and works approximately 30 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Psychiatry. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position plans, organizes, and implements social work services for families of patients.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Screens for and provides psychoeducation to families whose infants are admitted to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (and other units) at Children’s Hospital.
- Facilitates referrals and community resources for patients/families.
- Schedules and provides psychotherapy services for such families, as needed.
- Schedules and provides in person and telephone follow-up contact.
- Prepares psychosocial reports and maintains necessary records.
- Meets with internal and multidisciplinary team for meetings, inservices, and treatment planning.
- Tracks programmatic data and prepares outcome reports.
- Equivalent of master’s degree in social work.
- REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: AAMFT, ASLPC, LCSW, LPC, CPC or licensed Psychologist required.
- The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with experience providing screening, case management, and psychotherapy to individuals and families with mental health symptoms, particularly depression, anxiety, or other perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, and trauma disorders. Experience working with families with medically complicated infants is a bonus, but not required. This candidate will possess the ability to work with families from diverse racial and socioeconomic backgrounds in a culturally responsive manner, knowledge of local community resources, knowledge and experience utilizing evidence -based practice interventions, and a level of interest in contributing to the scientific knowledge base in a clinical environment. Training and experience utilizing cognitive behavioral therapy (TF CBT a bonus) and/or interpersonal psychotherapy is preferred. They will have interactive communication skills with ability to work in a multidisciplinary team setting, along with effective interpersonal, organizational, and PC based computer system skills. Comfort providing services both on-site in a hospital setting (often at baby’s bedside in a medical unit) as well as virtually via telehealth is essential. Experience working in a hospital setting is beneficial. Willingness to provide care in flexible, unstructured settings is critical.
- Training as a mental health professional who is skilled in multiple therapeutic modalities and with knowledge of the DSM V, experience charting in patient records, and a working knowledge of computers, verbal and writing ability with organizational and interpersonal skills.
The hiring range for this position is $24.65 - $38.22 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for part-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
Please submit resume, cover letter, and list of professional references when applying.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Staff Therapist (Part time) - Psychiatry - 50236
Job ID: 50236
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Part-Time