Washington University of St. Louis Staff Psychologist - Psychiatry - 50605 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Psychiatry. The position is located at the Taylor Avenue Building. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position provides psychological services including evaluations, assessments, and treatments for adult and child patients.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Takes a leadership role in our psychotherapy service in the Washington University Department of Psychiatry.
- Provides individual psychotherapy for patients.
- Performs psychiatric interviews, evaluations, and assessments and prepares documentation of results.
- Prepares written reports and progress notes in accordance with department guidelines.
- Performs community outreach programs in accordance with grant requirements.
- Supervises psychotherapists in psychotherapy techniques and psychiatric diagnosis.
- Participates in treatment team meetings.
- Assists with the development of psychotherapy program material.
- Presents lectures and educational presentations for staff.
Ph.D. In psychology and current state licensure required.
- Five years of experience in a medical setting.
- Working knowledge of psychiatric diagnosis and treatment with communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with child and adult psychotherapy.
The hiring range for this position is $62,067 - $79,144 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
JOB LOCATION/WORKING CONDITIONS:Telemedicine and normal office environment.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Staff Psychologist - Psychiatry - 50605
Job ID: 50605
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time