IBM Sr. Solution Architect (Quantum) in St Louis, Missouri
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Work with IBM Q Start team on active exploratory research engagements to prepare for future use case commercialization within specific industry
·Map business functional requirements to system/technical requirements
·Develop solution reference architectures aligned to business needs and evolving capabilities of emerging technology
·Define best practices related to solution design, documentation, and guidelines that lead to the identification, selection, development and use of solutions and applications
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• PhD/Masters in STEM related fields with knowledge in quantum computing.
• 3-5 years of strong technology strategy consulting experience
• 3-5 years of solutioning experience within at least one of the specific industries
• Proficiency with classical approaches to machine learning and linear algebra, including Support Vector Machine (SVM) for linear categorization and Singular Value Decomposition (SVD) to reduce dimensionality of data
• Experience in government operations and workflows, responding to solicitations subject to government procedures and regulations, and with deep market expertise including familiarity with potential partners among government systems integrators.
• Excellent ideation, facilitation and communications skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Experience with linear programming and/or general mathematical programming
• Proficiency in Python with good knowledge of Jupyter, Tensor, Numpy.
• Deep knowledge and application expertise in ML/DL
• Familiarity with Qiskit and quantum concepts and principles, able to model classical ML/DL algorithms within quantum principles
• Experience with some aspect of high-performance computing use in defined use cases for government, healthcare and life sciences
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.