Express Scripts Sr DBA - MongoDB in St. Louis, Missouri
Express Scripts is looking for a talented MongoDB database administrator. The ideal candidate will have development experience, working knowledge of and experience administering various database technologies, and Linux server administration. Experience with database administration task automation a big plus.
In this role, on the MongoDB/PostgreSQL DBA team, this person will collaborate with our internal customers to deliver an enterprise-level database backend for top-tier applications in development. The DBA team will architect, deploy, maintain, and monitor the MongoDB environment, providing data assurance to its users. In addition, this person will need to be prepared to create viable solutions to organizational needs while working in accordance with internal policies and procedures.
- Manage and maintain MongoDB database servers in all environments
- Design and implement redundancy and fail-over strategies
- Monitor and tune database performance
- Design and implement backup/restoration strategies per data retention requirements
- Provide support for software upgrade and patching
- Mentor team members to develop talent on the MongoDB/PostgreSQL DB team
- Provide insight to team leadership regarding best practices for MongoDB
- Diagnose and resolve production issues as part of an on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 14 to 18 years of experience.
- 8-12 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 6-10 years of relevant experience.
- Understanding of manual builds/management of MongoDB
- Understanding of Ops Manager automation builds/management
- Experience with design/implementation of MongoDB replica sets and sharded clusters.
- Experience with database performance, scaling, and tuning concepts
- Experience with other SQL and NoSQL database technologies (PostgreSQL, Cassandra, MariaDB/MySQL, etc.) is preferred.
- Strong collaboration skills and experience working across multiple teams both within a division and enterprise-wide
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, facilitation, and prioritization skills
- Strong technical acumen, able to ensure that technical solutions, strategies, practices, and governance deliver business and customer value
- Development experience with one or more modern scripting/automation languages (Ansible, Python, etc.) - preferred
- Proven track record of implementing small changes that have measurable impact
- Energy, integrity, and strong work ethic
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you have a passion for programming and find yourself asking “I wonder if I could do it this way…”? Our software engineering teams start with strategy and then create, test and deploy our client and patient applications. The result? Innovative, high-performing, scalable user-facing solutions relied on by millions every day. We work in an Agile environment, partnering with teams across the organization to craft exceptional applications – with the ultimate goal of improving health outcomes for the 83 million patients we serve.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran