Washington University of St. Louis Social Worker MSW - Renal - 48898 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Renal Division. The position is located at the Wohl Clinic. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position plans, organizes and implements social work services for patients and families.
PRIMARY DUTIES ANd RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates dialysis patient placement with the inpatient clinical service team and outpatient office.
- Assists with dialysis patients who are switching modalities.
- Assists with the scheduling of patient appointments.
- Coordinates with the transition of dilaysis patients to Rehab and Long Term Care Facilities.
- Assists outside provides with questions about their patients admitted ot the hospital.
- Provides patient education.
- Assists hospital staff with complex discharge issues involving dialysis patients.
- Attends weekly ESRD meetings.
- Master’s degree in social work required.
- REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: Currently a Licensed Master Social Work (LMSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in the state of Missouri, or Licensed Social Worker (LSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in the state of Illinois. Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component, are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements).
The hiring range for this position is $51,272 - $79,497 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Social Worker MSW - Renal - 48898
Job ID: 48898
Location: Medical School