Washington University of St. Louis Senior Department Accounting Assistant - Radiology - 50511 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Radiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position provides direct support of purchasing/accounting functions handling funds, check requests, travel documents, purchase orders, and accounting documentation for the Department of Radiology.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes documents, such as check requests, travel documents, purchase orders, blanket orders, interdepartmental orders, invoice statements and various types of documents handled through office. Assigns departmental funds and related departmental accounts.
- Assists in the approval and receiving of division purchase orders, researching accounts payable, verifies department accounting record entries, and postings to maintain auditing compliance.
- Prepares budget adjustments, journal entries and check deposits.
- Maintains various department reports, records and logs.
- Assists in the production and distribution of monthly financial reports.
- Serves as responsible for various routine accounting procedures, including but not limited to weekly, month-end and year-end closing functions.
- Provides support for development of budgets and strategic plans.
- Compiles financial, operating, and special reports as directed.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, and provides guidance to faculty and staff as needed on both department and University purchasing guidelines.
- Provides assistance to Business Director and analysts as needed.
- Acts as backup for department accounting/purchasing/administrative functions as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification, with some college-level accounting coursework; and five years of experience in accounting/bookkeeping. A bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or a related field and one to three years of experience in accounting/bookkeeping may substitute.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in university/medical environment.
- Working knowledge of general office equipment and software, including Excel and Word, AIS, Workday or similar financial programs.
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills.
- Very detail oriented.
The hiring range for this position is $19.18 - $24.47 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Senior Department Accounting Assistant - Radiology - 50511
Job ID: 50511
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time