Washington University of St. Louis Senior Department Accounting Assistant (Part-time) - Medical Library - 50129 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is part-time and works approximately 20 hours per week.
Standard day time work schedule. Standard work schedule to be determined at the time of hire between hiring manager and new employee and to meet the needs of the Department.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Bernard Becker Medical Library. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position is responsible for purchasing and accounting function including all aspects of purchases through Marketplace, procard transactions, check requests, and travel documents. Position is responsible for daily reconciliation of accounts and investigation and resolution of problems. Position is part of the Library Administrative team and works closely with the Manager of Financial Operations.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handles all aspects of purchasing for the Medical Library. This includes input of purchase order requests into AIS and Marketplace making sure that appropriate bids have been received. Position notifies ordering person of receipt of goods, copies, sends and approves invoices to accounts payable and verifies that payment is made to the vendor.
- Processes documents, such as check requests, wire transfers, procard receipts, travel documents, interdepartmental orders, purchase orders, blanket orders, invoice statements, receipt vouchers and various types of documents handled through office.
- Processes payments received via checks, ACH credits, credit cards and cash. Records payments in check log and posts to various account receivable systems, creates receipt vouchers in AIS and places deposit in WashU depository on campus. Follows up with customers on unpaid items.
- Distributes invoices to the appropriate Accounting Department staff for approval for payment.
- Follows up with vendors and resolves invoice, payment and/or delivery problems. Manages open encumbrances. Takes copier/printer meter readings. Handles toner replacement and water deliveries.
- Processes billing and posts payments of software licenses through the Library’s License Manager system.
- Serves as a departmental resource for Washington University travel and purchasing policy.
- Reconciles account activity and maintains accounting files on a daily basis.
- Manages floater insurance, including adding and deleting equipment and reconciling coverage annually. Requests insurance claims.
- Verifies petty cash and asset records annually.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification, with some college-level accounting coursework; and five years of experience in accounting/bookkeeping; a bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or a related field and one to three years of experience in accounting/bookkeeping may substitute.
- Three to five years of experience in office accounting at Washington University.
- Working knowledge of general accounting practices and Washington University policies.
- Basic Excel, Word and Outlook skills.
- Experience with AIS and Marketplace.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational skills.
The hiring range for this position is $19.18 - $24.47 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for part-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Senior Department Accounting Assistant (Part-time) - Medical Library - 50129
Job ID: 50129
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Part-Time