Washington University of St. Louis Security Officer - Police Department - 47951 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. Scheduled work days include weekends and holidays. Vacation leave for this position will be restricted to semester/summer break periods.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Police Department. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
Performs the primary function of protecting persons and property of the Washington University Community on the Danforth Campus.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts continuous, highly visible, roving vehicle, bicycle or foot patrol of University properties commonly used by students, faculty, staff or visitors to the University.
- Reports suspicious activity or unsafe conditions to police or other appropriate authority. Provides the public with information regarding campus activities, locations, directions; explains parking rules and directs drivers to appropriate parking areas.
- Locks/unlocks building doors at appropriate times. Responds to non-priority door access alarms. Performs duties associated with the Motorist Assist program (lock outs, jump starts, transports).
- Conducts periodic checks of buildings, examining doors, windows, lighting, gates, etc., to ensure they are properly secured.
- Provides escorts via vehicle or on foot. Provides transport services of ill or disabled, both on campus and to local medical providers.
- Inspects vehicles for display or appropriate parking permits; enforces University parking regulations; issues citations; tows or relocates vehicles per Department policy.
- Conducts traffic direction at special events.
- Transports department vehicles/equipment to/from service points; provides pick-up or deliveries as approved by duty supervisor.
- Reports to dispatch any problems discovered that might require maintenance notification; conducts inspections of campus emergency telephones and reports problems.
- Prepares written reports or logs of activity and observations during the tour of duty.
- Other duties as assigned. The officer is uniformed and licensed.
- Current license, or the ability to be licensed, as a Security Guard in the St. Louis Metropolitan area. (To qualify for license, applicants must be at least 21 years of age and a U.S. Citizen or legal resident alien, have the ability to speak the English language, and will not have committed a felony).
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have the ability to ride a bicycle; must have the ability to walk and stand for long periods of time. Must possess or obtain a valid Missouri Class E or Illinois equivalent driver's license by the start date, if selected for hire.
- Must successfully pass a drug screen and criminal background investigation. Must be able to work various shifts and overtime.
One year of experience as a security guard is preferred.
The hiring range for this position is $13.80 to $16.53 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Security Officer - Police Department - 47951
Job ID: 47951
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time