Washington University of St. Louis Sanitation Technician, DCM Facilities - Comparative Medicine - 50218 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. This position may require work on weekends and holidays.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Comparative Medicine. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
*POSITION SUMMARY: *
Sanitize animal research procedure labs and support spaces according to departmental SOPs and in accordance with the regulations and guidelines of Animal Welfare Act and Public Health Service. Stock feed, bedding, and laboratory supplies, including personnel protective equipment. Contribute to the quality animal care program that supports the research and teaching at Washington University.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct and document general cleaning and housekeeping of support spaces, and unoccupied holding rooms, including washing walls, floors, equipment, air vents, sinks, doors, door frames, in accordance with departmental SOPs and in accordance with guidelines and regulations of the Animal Welfare Act and the Public Health Service.
- Observe and support good health and safety practices regarding the use of chemicals and heavy equipment, such as floor machines, pallet jacks, and motorized equipment handling large heavy equipment. Report promptly any equipment problems to supervisor or manager.
- Receive, process, label, and rotate shipments of animal feed, beddings, and other supplies.
- Transport animal cages, water bottles, and feed and bedding supplies within the animal facilities.
- Fill clean animal cages with proper amount of bedding and fill clean water bottles.
- Perform additional duties as required by supervisor/manager/department.
- High school diploma or equivalent high school certification.
- Must obtain Purina certification within six months.
- After training, ability to properly operate a variety of cleaning, sanitizing and material handling equipment, including floor scrubbers and pallet jacks.
- Conscientious attitude and concern for quality.
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures.
The hiring range for this position is $13.80 - $14.44 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
Must be able to lift 50 lbs and pass a physical exam.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Sanitation Technician, DCM Facilities - Comparative Medicine - 50218
Job ID: 50218
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time