Washington University of St. Louis RN Staff Nurse ( Part Time) - Kidney Center / Dialysis (North County) - 47926 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is part-time and works approximately 20-25 hours per week, 2-3 days a week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the North County Kidney Center located in the Mayfair Plaza Shopping Center. The position might rotate to other clinics.
Position provides direct patient care and education for patients receiving treatments, examinations, surgeries, etc., in a medical office according to established procedures.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes the nursing process in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating a plan of patient care.
- Provides patient care, which may include administering medication, performing procedures, and monitoring patient status in accordance with approved nursing practice.
- Provides appropriate counsel and education to patients/family regarding disease process and symptom management.
- Maintains medical records requiring appropriate and timely recording of patient information.
- Consults with members of the health care team, adjusting nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
- Assists the health care provider with examinations, procedures, prescription refills, and other processes related to direct patient care.
- Maintains required skills and competencies and participates in educational programs, staff meetings, and in services such as CPR as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: Current state of Illinois and/or Missouri LPN or RN licensure as applicable by state of work location, in accordance with Compact Act; Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component, are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements).
- One year of related medical experience.
- Working knowledge of general nursing theory and practice with ability to recognize and interpret symptoms/conditions and ability to function in new and emergent situations.
The hiring range for this position is $23.50 - $42.25 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for part-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: RN Staff Nurse ( Part Time) - Kidney Center / Dialysis (North County) - 47926
Job ID: 47926
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Part-Time