Washington University of St. Louis Research Technician I (PRN) - Pharmacogenomics - 48956 in St. Louis, Missouri
Position works on an as needed basis.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Pharmacogenomics. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position is responsible for assisting with laboratory duties in a research setting; performs routine tests with direction from the supervisor, manager or higher-level technician.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the investigator or higher-level technician with research studies, experiments and assays, including collection of data, preparation of solutions and set-up and maintenance of equipment.
- Maintains files on research and assists with data entry.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification.
- Knowledge of basic molecular biology techniques, including DNA/RNA extraction, Polymerase Chain Reaction, and Reverse Transcription.
- Willingness to work in a Biosafety Level 2 and 3 laboratory.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software.
The hiring range for this position is $13.80 - $15.97 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is not eligible to receive benefits.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician I (PRN) - Pharmacogenomics - 48956
Job ID: 48956
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Not Applicable