Washington University of St. Louis Registered Medical Assistant II (PRN) - Neurology - 50028 in St. Louis, Missouri
Position works on an as needed basis.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position functions as a Registered or Certified Medical Assistant in busy clinical site locations for the providers and provider teams within the Department of Neurology. Prepares and maintains exam rooms. Directs the patient flow, obtains and records meaningful use discrete data into the electronic health record, assists with procedures and/or patient care equipment/supplies. Ensures the overall smooth running of the clinical office.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates a high commitment to excellence in service and quality through interactions with team members, Neurology faculty, staff, referring physicians, patients and their families while focusing on service culture and continuously striving to align with the Department of Neurology’s mission and vision.
- Interacts directly with providers, provider teams, and patients in clinical setting, completes clinical tasks which include, but not limited to, obtaining vital signs, preparing/cleaning/stocking exam rooms, and rooming patients. In addition, prepares medical records for clinic visits by making certain all paperwork is complete and ready for the provider prior to seeing the patient.
- Accurately obtains and enters medical information/Meaningful Use discrete data in EHR, assists with procedures and/or patient care equipment/supplies – including, but not limited to – CPAP machine education/downloads; provider injections (ex: Botox), LPs, DBS, VNS, and pump refills. Answers basic questions from patient/family regarding treatments, diagnoses, and procedures.
- Professionally greets and arrives patients for their clinic visits; confirms patient registration, insurance, demographics in the patient management system. Schedules return visits and ancillary testing; and assists with the precertification process, as needed.
- Routes phone messages, patient questions and telephone communications to the appropriate sections, as needed. Assists provider and provider teams during clinic with paperwork, appropriate phone calls, faxing and copying of material.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification; a Registered or Certified Medical Assistant with a minimum of 6 months of related work experience (examples of related fields include military medic, emergency medical technicians, Nurse’s Aide, physical therapy and nurse technicians, and certified athletic trainers); substitutions include:
- Medical Assistant certification/registration eligible with successful completion of certification exam within 6 months of hire date or within a shorter time frame if noted by hiring manager
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program (such as RN/LPN), or comparable allied health training program with a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience
REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: Must be able to show proof of Medical Assistant registration/certification or complete Medical Assistant registration/certification within 6 months of hire date or within a shorter time frame if noted by hiring manager; Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component, are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements).
- Demonstrates effective interactive communication skills with ability to work with physicians, patients, families, significant others, and support staff.
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, and telephone skills, working knowledge of anatomy and physiology, fundamentals of medical terminology, and demonstrated knowledge/experience working with electronic medical records.
The hiring range for this position is $14.44 - $17.70 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is not eligible to receive benefits.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Registered Medical Assistant II (PRN) - Neurology - 50028
Job ID: 50028
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: On Demand