Washington University of St. Louis Psychometrician II - Neurology - 48909 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. The position is located at Center For Advance Medicine. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position provides psychometric testing and clinical support to assist in the evaluation of patients in the Memory Diagnostic Center, Department of Neurology and in research studies of the Knight Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers psychological tests, observing and evaluation patient performance and making necessary changes in procedure.
- Enters test results in Epic EMR and retains/files hard copies of testing per standard procedures.
- Works to schedule appointments, explains procedure of testing to patients and maintains files needed.
- Obtains pre-authorizations or procedures/tests.
- May perform vital signs and assist with lumbar punctures.
- May review/sort clinic mail.
- Provides support to clinic staff, including assisting with refills, answering calls and assigning task.
- Drafts letters as requested by patients/families/providers, works with Center For Advanced Medicine staff to bill for such services as appropriate.
- In the future, may perform computer-based testing.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Psychology or related field.
Working knowledge of computer software, ability to learn EMR, and excellent interpersonal skills.
The hiring range for this position is $17.58 - $21.98 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
- Normal clinical office and research office environment.
- Most clinics are conducted in the Center for Advanced Medicine.
- Some clinics and research visits are conducted in the Knight ADRC and some are conducted at the Center 40 BJC Professional Building.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Psychometrician II - Neurology - 48909
Job ID: 48909
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time