Washington University of St. Louis Program Occupational Therapy in St. Louis, Missouri
Position works on an as needed basis.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Program in Occupational Therapy - Milliken Hand Rehabilitation Center. The position is located at Center for Advanced Medicine. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position provides multidisciplinary physical therapy care to patients. Work with physicians to execute responsibilities within a team framework of exchange, open communication and a common treatment philosophy.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attends all patient care clinics and provides services as requested by physicians.
- Evaluates patients according to diagnosis.
- Provides appropriate assessments and therapy plans to the patients and families.
- Maintains thorough and accurate records of subjective and objective findings, assessments and plans.
- Provides appropriate treatment based on diagnosis and findings.
- Provides home programs and appropriate community referrals, maintaining continual contact regarding patient’s progress or problems.
- Facilitates and obtains referrals for necessary services and devices.
- Provides patient and family education regarding therapy, diagnosis, activities, etc.
- Attends patient care follow up conferences.
- Educates medical personnel about rehab services during clinics and conference.
- Develops and implements documentation records and procedures.
- Develops and utilizes patient education courses.
- Attends related conferences and continuing education courses.
- Develops community/regional network of rehab services.
- Acts as resource to community therapists.
- Follows up clinic visits with phone calls to families when required.
- Contacts treating community therapists regarding changes in patient medical treatment and therapy programs.
- Acts as an advocate for patients and families at school, work and in the community at large.
- Requires Physical Therapy degree and previous experience.
- Must be licensed in the state of Missouri.
Must be able to provide appropriate care to patients.
The hiring range for this position is $26.62 - $33.94 per hour.
This position is not eligible to receive benefits.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Physical Therapist (PRN) - Program Occupational Therapy - 41443
Job ID: 41443
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: On Demand