Washington University of St. Louis Postdoctoral Research Associate (Functional Imaging) - Radiation Oncology - 49679 in St. Louis, Missouri
Post Doc Instructions
Please do not submit an application to this posting. To apply for this postdoctoral research opportunity, follow the directions below in “Applicant Special Instructions”.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Radiation Oncology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The Washington University School of Medicine, Department of Radiation Oncology has an opening for a post-doctoral research associate in the Clinical Division. The projects will involve a wide range of collaborative work on resting state functional connectivity MRI (rsfcMRI) in children and adults with primary CNS malignancies. Work will also include analysis of optical imaging in mice receiving radiation therapy.
Current projects: (1) Assessing changes in rsfcMRI and correlation with cognitive performance in children with brain tumors; (2) Assessing changes in rsfcMRI and correlation with cognitive performance in adults with primary high grade gliomas; (3) Examining how evolving changes in radiation-induced neural and hemodynamic activity relate to alterations in behavior.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively pursue research under the supervision of the PI while developing skills for independent research.
- Critically analyze and summarize scientific literature.
- Develop research questions, design and conduct experiments, and critically analyze data.
- Communicate methods, data, and results in presentations and via manuscript writing.
- Assist with grant preparation.
- Ph.D. (or equal degree) in neuroscience, neuroimaging or a related field.
- Extensive experience in neuroimaging techniques, as well as knowledge of the functional imaging statistical analyses. Techniques include: rsfcMRI acquisition and quality control, rsfcMRI image processing, and analysis of rsfcMRI correlations between study subjects and healthy controls.
Base pay commensurate with experience.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://hr.wustl.edu/benefits/.
Applicant Special Instructions
Interested candidates should send a cover letter (brief) and curriculum vitae to Dr. Stephanie Perkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Postdoctoral Research Associate (Functional Imaging) - Radiation Oncology - 49679
Job ID: 49679
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time