Washington University of St. Louis Ophthalmology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Ophthalmology. The position is located at the South County Clinic.
Position is responsible for providing clinical office support which includes answering telephone calls, entering demographic and insurance/referral information, and scheduling appointments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers telephone calls and handles patient questions or routes to appropriate personnel.
- Schedules, reschedules, cancels, and confirms patient appointments.
- Registers new patients in the system and obtains demographic and insurance information.
- Assists with obtaining referrals/pre-certifications as needed.
- Provides packets of information to patients associated with services which may accompany the appointment.
- Scan documentation into patients electronic medical record.
- Assists other clinical support staff during peak time, vacation/illnesses.
High School diploma.
- 1 year of experience in a medical office setting or related customer service/office experience preferred.
- Demonstrated human relations and effective communication and customer service skills; working knowledge of insurance, medical terminology, and computer skills.
The hiring range for this position is $12.86 - $15.68 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Service Representative (South County Clinic) - Ophthalmology - 42424
Job ID: 42424
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time