Washington University of St. Louis Medical Secretary II - OB/GYN - 49734 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position works in the Division of Gynecologic Oncology as a Surgery Scheduler.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedules patient surgeries, including pre-testing for the Gynecologic Oncology division.
- Works with insurance companies, verifying patient eligibility and gathering all necessary pre-certifications for office visits and surgeries.
- Schedules patient appointments, answers patients inquires, routes patient calls and maintains patient files.
- Assists with FMLA paperwork processing.
- Triages patient, physician and business inquiries to appropriate faculty and staff.
- Assists physicians arranging their calendars.
- In down time, assists team as necessary to support the scheduling and medical record hub, including insurance authorization work.
- Participates in quality improvement activities to ensure appropriate clinical outcomes.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Assists with other office duties as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent high school certification.
- Two years of experience in a healthcare/medical-related office setting.
- Two years of related experience and work with the EPIC EMR.
- Ability to type and use various software packages and set up spreadsheet/report formats.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Working knowledge of general office equipment and computers (specifically Microsoft Office).
The hiring range for this position is $14.31 - $17.88 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
- Normal clinical and academic office environments involving bending, kneeling, standing, sitting, walking, cart pushing, lifting etc.
- Involves occasional pressure due to multiple calls, inquires and deadlines.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Medical Secretary II - OB/GYN - 49734
Job ID: 49734
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time