Washington University of St. Louis Manager, Division of Clinical Research - Center for Clinical Studies - 49935 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Center for Clinical Studies. The position is located at the Center for Outpatient Health. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The Clinical and Translational Research Unit (CTRU) operates as an in-patient and out-patient clinical research unit. This position manages, plans, and organizes the CTRU.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff members to promote a productive and supportive work environment.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties, including: develop job descriptions, review job applications, conduct job interviews, perform personnel evaluation, assign employee work schedules, review time records, etc.
- Plan and carry out orientation programs for new staff members and staff development programs for current staff, and facilitate career development.
- Review and manage service requests (protocols and source documents) to ensure feasibility and participant and staff safety.
- Oversee and optimize participant, equipment, and staff (RN, MA, administrative and technical support personnel) scheduling and work-flow to ensure timely, high quality services are provided that ensure participant and staff safety, comply with regulatory requirements and make efficient use of unit resources.
- Manage and maintain documentation of services and participant care charts in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Establish a cooperative relationship with investigators and their research teams to understand service requirements and help problem-solve, communicate requirements to unit staff, and ensure a sense of partnership among research teams and the CTRU.
- Promote and maintain good public relations with research participants/patients/families.
- Promote collaboration, team work, and employee engagement. Cultivate direct reports and problem solving, individually and as a team.
- Ensure operation of medical, research, and administrative equipment, completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer's instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, evaluating new equipment and techniques, and training users.
- Procure and manage supplies to ensure cost-conscious, uninterrupted, safe, and high-quality service delivery.
- Collaborate with the Metabolic Kitchen and Infusate Preparation Unit staff to ensure optimal integration of services.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, or reviewing professional publications, or establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Value diversity, integrity and confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of four years of experience in management.
- Direct experience in research-related activities.
- Bachelor's of Science degree in nursing, with licensure in the state of Missouri.
- Minimum of 4 years of supervisory experience and experience in research-related activities.
- Sound knowledge of principles of clinical research methodology, including GCP and regulatory requirements (IRB, FDA, etc.).
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly and effectively.
- Ability to read, correctly interpret, and implement written information such as federal, state, and internal regulatory guidelines and study protocols.
- Financial planning experience, including familiarity with budgeting for research protocols would be an advantage.
- Interest and enthusiasm for change and new challenges with the ability to inspire other team members.
The hiring range for this position is $71,323 - $92,788 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Manager, Division of Clinical Research - Center for Clinical Studies - 49935
Job ID: 49935
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time