Federal Reserve Bank Intern, Women in Economics - Summer 2021 in St. Louis, Missouri
The St Louis Fed is one of 12 Reserve Banks serving all or parts of Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi and Arkansas. The St. Louis Fed’s responsibilities include promoting stable prices, economic growth and a sound financial system, providing payment services to financial institutions, supporting the U.S. Treasury's financial operations, and advancing economic education, community development and fair access to credit.
We, the Economic Research Division of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, are looking for you, anInternfor our Women in Economics (WiE) program.
A little about us: The Economic Research Division of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis is known as one of the top economic research institutions in the world. Shaping the debate on important economic issues through research and active engagement is an essential part of the mission of the Economic Research Division and the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
You will report to an Assistant Vice President and be responsible for the following:
- Assist in marketing WiE events and the podcast series—including creating a data base of contacts for Women in Economics/Women in Business clubs/organizations around the country; developing social media posts for events and podcast series and so one.
- Write a special issue of Page One Economics on lack of diversity in the discipline, with a discussion of careers—all focused on women.
- Assist with identifying potential podcast participants, scheduling, recording, and editing of podcasts.
- Write an Open Vault Blog using the issue of Page One as a foundation.
- Organize past WiE symposia participant data
- Assist with organization, implementation, and social media for the WiE alumi event in July 2021
- Other tasks related to WiE as needed
- Candidate for Bachelor’s degree in Economics
- Must have a 3.5 overall GPA
- Undergraduate Student o Rising college junior or senior preferred
- Candidates with a demonstrated interest and strong proficiency in (a) education, (b) mathematics/statistics, or (c) economic history are strongly preferred.
- All positions require excellent Excel, Word, and Adobe Acrobat skills. (Additional software requirements are noted within respective job descriptions).
- Interest in monetary policy, macroeconomics, and macroeconomic and banking data is a must.
- Demonstrated analytical/critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently while managing numerous projects and work processes
Our organization offersbenefitsthat are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Pension plan, 401K, Comprehensive Insurance Plans, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Onsite Wellness & Fitness Center, Backup Dependent Care (Child & Adult),and more
Ranked as the #2 Top Workplace in the St. Louis Region in 2020, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees’ diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Embracing our diversity encourages employees to bring their valued perspectives to the table when generating ideas and solving problems and promotes an environment where innovation and excellence grow. Learn moreaboutthe Bank and its culture; check out ourCareers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
Title: Intern, Women in Economics - Summer 2021
Location: MO-St. Louis
Requisition ID: 266809