Washington University of St. Louis Insurance Billing/Collections Assistant III (Appeals) - Radiology - 50213 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. Ability to adjust hours to accommodate workload.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Radiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The position is responsible for processing all aspects relating to insurance payer appeals to include rejections, write-offs, underpayments and pre-certification denials.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows-up with insurance companies to ensure prompt and accurate payments.
- Works closely with Insurance Payer Representatives to identify payer trends and internal processing challenges.
- Gives updates and feedback regarding payer and system challenges.
- Assists the Director with development of procedures within the department.
- Assists with departmental appeal's functions during vacations and absences.
- Assists with special projects and other duties assigned.
- Promotes team effort and departmental goals.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification with three to five years of previous billing or insurance experience.
- Two years of college or business school.
- Understanding of computerized accounts receivable systems and ICD-10 and CPT Coding.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Products to include Word, Outlook, intermediate skills in Excel and at least basic skills in Access.
- In depth knowledge of insurance rejection/appeal and/or collection processes in a healthcare environment.
- Working knowledge of contracting and underpayment processes.
The hiring range for this position is $18.81 - $23.52 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7
Applicant Special Instructions
This position is eligible for participation in the telecommuting program (Missouri and Illinois).
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Insurance Billing/Collections Assistant III (Appeals) - Radiology - 50213
Job ID: 50213
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time