Washington University of St. Louis Insurance Billing/Collection Assistant II - WU Physicians Billing Service - 50588 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of WU Physicians Billing Services (PBS). This position is at the Medical School Campus.
This position is responsible for follow-up on insurance billing and collection activities, verifying accuracy and completeness of claims, contacting insurance companies, as well as other related duties to expedite payments from various Medicaid and Medicare payers for physician services.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs collection follow-up duties for third-party payers to ensure timely and accurate payment of physician charges.
- Reviews invoices, correspondence and remittances for rejections and verification of accuracy.
- Utilizes the payer websites/Emdeon.
- Consistently have no invoices left in the DRT fsc monthly and no department responded MTC’s more than three days old in the ETM view.
- Consistently meets the Quality Assurance (QA) standard of 95% as established within the department.
- Consistently meets the productivity standard of working 60 invoices a day as established within the department.
- Interacts with clinical department staff to discuss issues.
- Sorts, prepares, distributes, scans mail/correspondence and delivers/routes to the appropriate PBS area and/or clinical department.
- Performs otther duties as assigned by the manager and/or supervisor.
- Assists with special projects.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification with two to three years of related experience in bookkeeping/accounting and/or medical collection setting.
- Experience with Epic.
- Two to three years of experience in a health care business environment or accounts receivable management experience.
- Familiar with ICD10 and CPT coding.
- Ability to meet the established productivity and quality assurance standards to ensure effective collections and claim resolution.
The hiring range for this position is $15.85 - $19.43 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Insurance Billing/Collection Assistant II - WU Physicians Billing Service - 50588
Job ID: 50588
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time