Washington University of St. Louis HR Records Specialist - Human Resources - 49945 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Human Resources. The position is located at Mid Campus Center. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This role is the primary source of information for faculty, staff, trainees and department representatives regarding HR and payroll policies and procedures. This position will provide customer service to the organization by responding to phone, email or workflow inquiries. This role is responsible for processing a high volume of deadline driven HR and payroll transactions in a complex fast-paced environment. Duties also include reporting, auditing, decision-making and problem solving. May participate on HR/payroll projects/project teams.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides customer service by responding to inquiries via email, phone or workflow/business process. Logs issues in tracking system/database as required. Develops strong relationships and collaborates with other teams such as payroll, benefits, employee relations, department leaders, leaves of absence team. Utilizes resources to ensure that a complete and accurate response is provided. Directs internal customers to additional resources, including documented information, reference materials and self-service tools. Collects and maintains accurate data in HR/payroll system. Enters and audits monthly and biweekly payroll documents for accuracy and timeliness.
- Monitors work flow of departmental payrolls and HR transactions such as hires, terminations and promotions and works with department representatives in correcting or resolving pay or HR transaction issues. Identifies and escalates issues. Monitors reports including minimum wage, living wage and exempt employee’s salary and works with departments to resolve any issues.
- Acts as expert resource and a liaison between Payroll and departments regarding policies and procedures. Provides appropriate support and timely follow up. Demonstrates an understanding of university structure and related policies.
- Reviews transactions to ensure consistency with compensation policy.
- Handles special projects as assigned. These may include among other topics - auditing payroll and I-9 practices, timesheets and FLSA compliance, adherence to salary range rates and starting salaries, assisting departments with staff salary planning. Conducts simple analysis and resolves issues.
- Ensures receipt of I-9 documentation for new employees in accordance with federal law.
- Coordinates with OISS to ensure visa requirements are met for foreign nationals prior to approving transactions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent high school certification.
- Three to five years of experience in payroll and appointments.
- Bachelor's degree and one to three years of HR services/payroll experience.
- Prior experience in a large complex environment.
- Previous experience in a customer service environment.
- Previous HR/payroll experience.
- Knowledge of HR systems - Workday and/or payroll software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal.
- Service-oriented communicator.
- Self-motivated with a high degree of reliability, accuracy and productivity.
- Ability to manage deadlines with attention to detail.
- Positive outlook and willing to accept feedback.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Verbal and alpha numeric ability.
- Ability to work independently and use discretionary judgment.
- Ability to handle confidential information and materials.
The hiring range for this position is $21.18 - $26.99 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: HR Records Specialist - Human Resources - 49945
Job ID: 49945
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time