Washington University of St. Louis HR Assistant - Human Resources - 49739 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Human Resources. The position is located at the Mid Campus Center. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Supports and provides assistance to the HR department in the areas of administration, new hire orientation and HRMS system information.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Orientation: Meets with new hires/rehires hired by the departments. Coordinates all new hire paperwork, tax forms, I-9 and other documents per the department’s request ensuring accuracy and compliance. Enrolls new hire in New Employee Orientation in HRMS. Prepares new hire orientation packets for presentation. Conducts weekly new employee orientation (NEO); assists with the arrangements of organizational training; records all training completed by employees in the HR Database. Scans new hire documents into EDMS when necessary and primary scanner for the Appointments team. Processes hires through the TAM system and works with HR Records Specialists to assure proper set up of new employee.
- Administrative Support: Provides administrative support of correspondence, data entry and processing/creation of various communications and/or documentation. May provide LYRIS communications assistance (set-up and/or submission as needed). Maintains HR data and may update personnel information – including, but not limited to, providing basic query/RAPS reporting for (name, address, email, locations, etc.). Assists in the maintenance of employee files, including scanning of various files/records. May participate in I-9 tracking, reviews and/or audits.
- Coordination/Calendar Support: Provides administrative coordination for various HR employees, including calendar coordination of events, scheduling of training sessions and HR related meetings. Oversees and tracks meetings for staff to ensure proper timing by notifying or reminding of back-to-back meetings, and helping to notify those when running over allotted times.
- Policy Interpretation: Serves as the primary contact for applicants and hiring managers/departments through the candidate’s first day, and will respond to all inquiries regarding the campus recruitment process.
- Performs other duties as assigned, which will include distribution of bi-weekly, monthly and manual checks, A/V set-up, proofreading, supply purchases and distribution, and assisting with various employee engagements (LOS, picnic, etc.).
- Serves as backup for HR Records Specialists when needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent high school certification.
- Two years of relevant experience in a professional office setting utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.).
- Two years of experience in a human resources or payroll department.
- Two years of experience with Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks in a timely manner under tight time frames.
- Knowledge of applicable employment law and payroll requirements.
- Knowledge of human resource systems and ability to access and run reports in HRMS/PeopleSoft.
- Mindful and attentive to internal customer service needs.
The hiring range for this position is $17.48 - $22.29 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: HR Assistant - Human Resources - 49739
Job ID: 49739
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time