Washington University of St. Louis Housekeeper (Day Shift) - Residential Housekeeping - 50216 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Residential Housekeeping. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
Position is responsible for the cleanliness of an assigned area, office(s), dining facility or resident space within a residential college managed by the Residential Life Center.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily responsibilities include the cleaning of areas within assignment, such as entryways, entry lounges, restrooms, stairwells, hallways, floor lounges, study rooms, laundry areas, student suite (bathrooms), student suite (vacuuming suite living room), and detail projects within residential areas as assigned. During the summer months, daily assignment and buildings worked in change frequently as the need arises.
- Daily communication with housekeeping supervisor is crucial to relay any issues concerning an assignment, student related concern, a building or furniture issue, or the need for supplies and equipment.
- Report all maintenance issues that are observed within the resident areas by calling the Residential Life Center or Facilities customer service; report any suspicious person to Campus Police; follow the rules and regulations of Washington University in St. Louis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Sufficient communication skills, written and verbal, and must be able to communicate clearly on the telephone.
- Self-motivated person that can take direction, however works independently and strives to achieve very high personal and departmental standards.
- Ability to receive constructive criticism, written and verbal.
The hiring range for this position is $13.80 - $15.45 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
Must be physically fit and capable of lifting up to 50 pounds to waist level or a shared weight of 100 pounds to waist level; also frequently bends, kneels, and squats numerous times throughout the day. Position requires candidate to be on their feet most of the day.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Housekeeper (Day Shift) - Residential Housekeeping - 50216
Job ID: 50216
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time