CDI Front Office Associate in St. Louis, Missouri
Center for Diagnostic Imaging is seeking a per diem Front Office Associate to work various shifts as needed with a preference for availability on Saturdays from 8:00am to 12:00pm. Be a part of something bigger, and join our team as a Medical Front Office Associate and help transform lives through remarkable customer service. As a Front Office Associate, you will be the first point of contact for patients and referring professionals -- answering phones, cheerfully greeting and registering patients, scheduling patient procedures, and acting a liaison between medical technologists and patients waiting for exams.
CDI delivers quality patient-centered care, showing in words and actions the true meanings of our core values of accountability, compassion, drive, excellence and integrity. You will play an important part in that process by actively listening to patients' needs, and showing empathy to every patient you speak with.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES: Creates a positive experience for every customer, every day by believing in and practicing The Experience
- Greets and checks-in patients scheduled for imaging services; registers demographic information and processes payment plans and copays
- Answers phones and handles calls in an efficient and friendly manner
- Fields calls appropriately for center associates
- Acts as liaison between technologists and the patients waiting for exams and relays messages regarding scanner status and other clinic information
- Maintains front office lobby area by straightening magazines, organizing coffee supplies and assisting with general office clean up
- Orders office supplies as needed
- Maintains supply of patient information sheets
- Pushes imaging via electronic interfaces
- Completes confirmation calls and provides preparation instructions to patient
- Faxes reports, billing information, and medical release forms as requested
(25%) Scheduling & Insurance
- Schedules patients and enters orders
- Maintains an up-to-date and accurate database on all current and potential referring physicians
- Accurately maintains patient records within radiology information system (RIS)
- Assists with arranging interpreter services, transportation and hotel accommodations for patients when appropriate
- Maintains an up to date and accurate pending-scheduling list
- Checks all exams for pre-certification with patient's insurance company
- Uses knowledge of insurance carriers (example Medicare) and procedures that require waivers to obtain authorization if needed prior to appointment
- Handles release of information requests for patients, referring offices, other medical facilities, attorneys & insurance companies following company guidelines
(10%) Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to deliver high quality customer service to internal and external customers by communicating with integrity and compassion; 1+ years customer service experience
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment in a fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; proficient with using computer systems and typing
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous medical office experience
Be a part of something bigger -- join our team in transforming lives through remarkable service. CDI is a national provider network of medical imaging and related services. Through our collection of partnerships, we deliver our trademark customer service and high-quality services to enhance patient care in more than 35 states, offering a wide range of screening, diagnostic and interventional procedures that complement each community's needs.
CDI is an EO Employer/Vets/Disabled.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled