Washington University of St. Louis Financial Analyst I - Faculty Practice Plan - 50091 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Faculty Practice Plan. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position collects and prepares financial information in a variety of reports, which provides management with documentation used in planning and budgeting.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collects, analyzes and maintains cost data to produce quarterly and annual financial reports used by management.
- Assists in development, preparation, review and evaluation of annual strategic planning project and budgeting process.
- Develops and prepares presentation of financial results to administration relative to departmental operations, payroll and personnel administration, grants administration, purchasing and accounts payable/receivable functions.
- Designs/implements database applications for billing and invoicing using variety of FIS/FOCUS/IDX related applications.
- Designs/implements computer programs and account approval practices used to extract financial data from account system.
- Prepares financial reports for management.
- Attends meetings, education programs, workshops and keeps abreast of current literature.
- Assists in update/maintenance of asset/space records, inventory levels, and related project needs.
Equivalent of a bachelor's degree in a business/accounting related field with five years of experience in finance and business management areas.
- Standard financial analyst qualifications with emphasis in accounts payable in a healthcare setting.
- Strong focus on customer service, problem solving and finding creative solutions.
- Working knowledge of computers and spreadsheets, with analytical skills and University accounting system utilities.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability develop and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis and build action plans for financial analysis that identify gaps and tactics to aid/supply management with creative solutions.
The hiring range for this position is $21.18 - $26.99 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Financial Analyst I - Faculty Practice Plan - 50091
Job ID: 50091
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time