Kelly Services Electrical Controls Engineer in st. louis, Missouri
Electrical Controls Engineer
18 month contract
Up to 77 an hour
St. Louis, MO
The Senior Electrical and Controls Engineer in Controls will lead all aspects of scoping, development, implementation and support of Electrical and Control Systems designs and commissioning efforts, programming and integration solutions for capital projects. You will provide Technical assistance and support to all Factories and provide quality control of delivered design drawing packages and process control programming software solutions. The travel for this position will vary based on business needs and is estimated between 15 and 30% travel.
You’ll be at the center of it all — and not just because our team sits in the bustling area on Nestlé Purina’s HQ campus in St. Louis. This is where you’ll feel the energy of what we do every day. Our people are our most important asset and – true to our culture – we believe investing in our talent is the most worthwhile investment in our shared future together.
• Provide corporate representation for capital projects to drive electrical and control systems design, automation programming and implementation initiatives and standards.
• Serve as the liaison for project details and information, seek to leverage capital projects to meet automation and technical vision.
• Define, scope, schedule, develop, and coordinate automation electrical and control systems projects of varying sizes and importance with appropriate supervision from conception through completion.
• Interact with factory leadership, plant personnel and various corporate teams to obtain input required to provide customer accepted product.
• Working knowledge of PLC controls systems and Industrial networking.
• Competency in Instrumented Systems specification and design.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge (or understanding) of machine safety standards
• Provide technical guidance to internal and external integration resources
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline
• 7+ years’ experience with controls systems design in a manufacturing environment
• 3+ years’ experience managing large capital projects
Why Kelly ® ?
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we’re here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.