Washington University of St. Louis Director of Programmatic Initiatives - College of Arts & Sciences - 49851 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the College of Arts & Sciences. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
The College of Arts & Sciences is looking for a versatile and experienced leader to develop and implement programmatic initiatives that create educational innovation across the humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences. Will facilitate and drive summer programs in Arts & Sciences, which includes the design and oversight of summer opportunities for students that integrate rigorous and inclusive curriculum with scaffolded experiences, as well as other academic programs that realize the strategic vision of the Dean of the College. Will build key alliances with colleagues across the university and provide leadership to advance ideas across functional areas in the School of Arts & Sciences. Serve as a liaison between the College and Arts & Sciences departments to set the direction and curriculum of these programs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs and Manages Summer Programs and Curriculum:
- Provides strategic direction for summer opportunities for students that integrate rigorous and inclusive curriculum with scaffolded experiences.
- Oversees and executes the operational program management of Arts & Sciences Summer Sessions, including visiting student programs.
- Manages the development, selection, and delivery of Summer Sessions curriculum.
- Requests, reviews, and approves summer course offerings which balance the academic needs of various student audience and meet financial goals.
- Analyzes historical enrollment data for trends affecting enrollment.
- In conjunction with department and program coordinators, oversees the hiring, training, and evaluation of summer course instructors.
- Identifies academic support models for students enrolled in summer courses.
- Maintains memberships in professional organizations related to summer programs and attends recruitment events and conferences to support the mission.
- In conjunction with Deans in the College, evaluates summer academic policies and procedures, adjudicates student complaints and academic integrity issues, and reviews requests for policy exceptions.
- Develops and Implements Programmatic Initiatives:
- Directs the planning and design of programmatic initiatives as identified by the Dean of the College of Arts Sciences.
- Participates in strategic planning efforts by effectively implementing and evaluating program goals and making recommendations for improvement.
- Leads the implementation of programs, including identifying goals and objectives and management of processes.
- Researches and recommends strategies to leverage the strengths of A&S in the design of programmatic initiatives.
- In collaboration with the Director of Academic Planning, serves as a liaison between the College of Arts & Sciences and various campus and external stakeholders.
- Collaborates with instructional design staff to develop innovative teaching and learning opportunities in Arts & Sciences.
- Works in collaboration with the Arts & Sciences Communications team on marketing for programmatic initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Collaborates with Finance to set enrollment goals for College Office programs.
- Supports the College Office on additional programming and mission critical priorities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience in program development or a master’s degree and three years of experience in program development.
- Significant knowledge of higher education.
- Broad understanding of liberal arts curricula.
- Ability to interact with various campus partners and external stakeholders.
- Doctoral degree.
- Experience teaching at the collegiate level.
- Background in entrepreneurism and innovation in higher education.
- Proven leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills and strong personal commitment to education.
- Ability to quickly build relationships, credibility, and consensus among diverse populations of students, staff, faculty, and individuals outside the University.
- Ability to successfully manage complex operations, including organizing and coaching diverse individuals.
- Ability to step in as a strong individual contributor and team member on various projects as needed.
- Self-motivated individual driven by curiosity, challenge, and the ability to work independently with a high degree of creativity, flexibility, reliability, accuracy, and productivity.
- Ability to anticipate issues, properly assess pertinent data, and develop and implement practical solutions to complex issues.
- Ability to meet deadlines with varying degrees of pressure.
- Very organized and have strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibly and work on various projects to achieve the goals of the College of Arts & Sciences.
The hiring range for this position is $60,801 - $79,092 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Director of Programmatic Initiatives - College of Arts & Sciences - 49851
Job ID: 49851
Location: School of Arts & Sciences