Washington University of St. Louis Development Coordinator, Parent Programs - Alumni and Development Programs - 42713 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Alumni and Development. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
The Development Coordinator reports to the Senior Director of Parent Programs and works within a highly integrated team supporting both Parent Programs and Athletics A&D.; Responsibilities include management of projects, in-depth technology usage, customer service, volunteer management, and work both in a team environment and independent work. This position will manage projects in five key areas: Volunteer Management, Event and Meeting Management, Stewardship/Prospect Development, Reporting/Data Processing, and Administrative.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Parents Council: Assist the Senior Associate Director of Parent Programs with the management of the Parents Council and its membership. This includes tracking the invitation process for new members, monitoring the involvement and activities of current members, and communicating with members.
*Event and Meeting Planning *
- Parents Council: Assist with the management of the bi-annual Parents Council meetings held on campus. Assist with venue logistics, volunteer assignments, meeting notification and packets, RSVPs/reminders, meeting minutes.
- Special Events: Provide oversight and coordinate logistics for Parent Programs and Athletics special events including regional Parents Council recruiting events, Parents-only salons, the Parents Council graduation celebration, the Chancellor’s parent reception during Orientation, sport specific Reunions, Eliot exclusive athletic events, sport specific receptions, etc. This includes event logistics, invitation mailings, e-mail marketing, RSVPs, event materials, nametags, etc.
- Review Daily Gift Report and identify potential parent prospects.
- Assist the Parent Program and Athletics directors in systematically identifying prospects.
- Assist in process of thanking donors.
- Utilize existing reports and request/modify downloads to provide Senior Director of Parent Programs and Director of Athletics with accurate and timely status of fundraising numbers.
- Assist in the process of inputting newly enrolled Washington University students into our development database.
- Assist Directors with tracking and managing department budget.
- Prepare briefing reports for Parents Council Meetings.
- Prepare event expense recap on all events managed to facilitate budgeting for next year.
- Assist with preparation of Summaries and Projections and other reports as required for both Parent Programs and Athletics.
- Provide support for directors when necessary – calendar management, telephone and mail support, and word processing and filing.
High school plus three years of work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook, and proven ability to learn new technology. Ability to use technology to manage prospect data and programs.
Other relevant skills:
Honesty, integrity, enthusiasm, and perspective; a very strong work ethic supported by commitment and follow through. Attention to detail, highly-motivated, organized and energetic. Ability to think strategically, analytically, plan and implement effectively. Superior verbal and written communication skills, including proofing skills. Excellent program management skills and ability to handle multiple projects effectively; a highly organized work style is essential. Excellent interpersonal skills with both external and internal constituencies. Must possess a strong work ethic, determination, energy and be detail-oriented. Ability to listen carefully, learn quickly and work effectively in a complex organization. Demonstrated success in working independently and as a team member.
Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in event planning, prospect research, development writing (including letters and donors reports), and strong knowledge and skill with a variety of software programs.
Familiarity of Filemaker Pro, HTML, and Sharepoint systems.
The hiring range for this position is $18.80 - $19.49 per hour.
To learn more about careers in Alumni & Development please visit http://alumni.wustl.edu/ContactUs/Career_Opportunities/
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Development Coordinator, Parent Programs - Alumni and Development Programs - 42713
Job ID: 42713
Location: Alumni & Development Programs