Ascension Health Demand Management - Estimation Specialist in St Louis, Missouri
We Are Hiring
Demand Management - Estimation Specialist
What You Will Do
The Qualification Estimator provides project estimates for the Demand and Capacity Managementdepartment. This individual will be responsible for developing demand cost and resource plans thatspans across IT services managed by internal and external teams.
● Responsible for creating estimates during the qualification phase.● Supports the Intake Manager and Qualification Manager● Estimates for demand projects in specialty knowledge area● Identifies required resources for the demands● Facilitates demand forecasting and scheduling activities and estimates for demands● Coordinates communications, including those to other departments, business partners, vendors, and outside agencies● Acts as a liaison with other process teams● Reviews trending and historical data to provide better and more accurate estimates● Maintains knowledge of estimation tool and identifies improvements
● Excellent negotiation and facilitation skills● Instills a sense of urgency in driving to completion; escalates issues as needed with vendors andinternal IT stakeholders● Writes clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles while tailoring the messaging based on audience● Builds trust and respect with key stakeholders● Demonstrates proactive behaviors and self-management techniques, including but not limited to, working efficiently, demonstrating adaptability and setting goals● Demonstrates alignment of principles, values, and behavior with expected organizational culture and values● Demonstrates good documentation and presentation skills (verbal and written)
Preferred Qualifications: Education and Work Experience
● BS in IT or related field or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience● 2 - 3 years related experience (demand management, project estimation and planning)● Operational familiarity with IT services and experience interacting with vendors as it relates to planning and estimating the delivery of such services● Healthcare provider industry experience is preferred
Complexity of Work
● Within scope of the job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to workwith minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
Why Join Our Team
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Technologies is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf)
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.