Washington University of St. Louis Clinical Specialist, Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy - Neurology - 49882 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
We are seeking a physical therapist to assist with our neuromuscular clinic as well as perform functional assessments on patients in our research studies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides information, education and support to neuromuscular clinic patients. This includes both pediatric and adult patients with a variety of complex disorders tailored to their particular needs.
- Maintain records of treatments and recommendations given, patient responses & progress.
- Provides support to neuromuscular clinics. Helps assess gait, pulmonary function tests, clinical outcome measures, and assist providers within scope of practice.
- Serves as clinical evaluator for research studies/projects, which includes patient evaluations, data collection, form completion, and data entry.
- Ensures appropriate procedures and understanding of rules and regulations as laid out according to the IRB and federal guidelines.
- Master’s degree in a related field with clinical and research experience.
- PT/OT licensed to practice in the State of Missouri and/or Illinois as applicable by work location of service delivery.
- Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component, are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements).
- Physical therapist with emphasis and experience in neurology and neuromuscular disease.
- Critical thinking skills with availability to work both in clinic as well as on research projects.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to demonstrate on an advanced level of clinical competence in the evaluation and treatment of individuals with dysfunction of the neuromuscular system.
The hiring range for this position is $56,472 - $72,010 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Specialist, Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy - Neurology - 49882
Job ID: 49882
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time