Washington University of St. Louis Clinic Manager - Otolaryngology - 49263 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Otolaryngology. The position is located at St. Louis Children's Hospital. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position responsible for coordination of daily operations of the clinic including physician support, patient services, staff supervision, and organizational management. Participates in the strategic planning and overall development of the clinic.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works to maintain high levels of customer/patient satisfaction. Provides management direction and assistance in resolving issues and complaints by physicians, patients and referring physician offices. Coordinates patient services, ensuring quality care is provided in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Works with the Executive Director and Division Chief on developing the strategic plan. Implements and monitors the developmental action plan.
- Budgetary and scheduling responsibility for all support staff.
- Manages clinical nurses, medical assistants and front/back desk support staff. Duties include hiring, training, mentoring, evaluation and termination.
- Budgetary responsibility for clinical and office supplies. Ensures coordination and maintenance of clinic equipment and supplies. Keeps supplies within set par levels. Completes new equipment request paperwork.
- Ensures patient safety.
- Responsible for meeting SLCH/JCAHO accreditation indicators. This includes ensuring that staff are up to date on their training/educational needs and applicable compliance requirements.
- Works closely with Division Chief, Executive Director and Director of Clinical Operations to initiate new policies/procedures and quality control indicators through quality assurance and risk management programs. Maintains compliance with existing policies and procedures.
- Promotes and maintains effective communications and collaboration with WUSM faculty. Serves as the SLCH on-site liaison. Responsible for ensuring smooth patient process while implementing SLCH protocols within the WUSM clinic.
- Responsible for the management of the charge process, ensuring that all point of service collections are completed and appropriate deposits are made.
- Provide reports, analysis and maintains records as required.
- Obtains expert knowledge of all clinical systems used in the clinic.
Bachelor’s degree and five to seven years’ clinic office experience, including three to five years supervisory experience in an academic health center, hospital, or healthcare industry setting required. An equivalent of eight years’ combination of education and experience may substituted.
- Medical experience with either RN, LPN or MA licensure/certification.
- Exceptional internal, external and customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of patient services.
- Organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- A thorough understanding of what medical records, phone triage, front desk and insurance verification/precert positions entail is strongly preferred.
The hiring range for this position is $62,067 - $79,144 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinic Manager - Otolaryngology - 49263
Job ID: 49263
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time