Washington University of St. Louis Associate Director, Annual Giving Programs - Alumni and Development Programs - 42716 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Alumni and Development. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
The Associate Director, Annual Giving Programs, reports to the Senior Director, Regional Eliot Society Programs & Leadership Annual Giving. The position is responsible for planning, evaluating, and implementing a strong Eliot Society program in key cities outside St. Louis.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Completing 175 personal cultivation and solicitation visits each year with an emphasis on identifying and soliciting new Eliot Society members at the $1,000+ level and increasing the giving level of current Eliot Society members in assigned regions.
Management of a strong Eliot Society program in Target Cities outside St. Louis including:
coordinating annual committee meetings, preparing all solicitation materials, prospect profiles, monthly progress reports, etc.
identifying and soliciting key prospects through personal visits.
recruiting and staffing key volunteers.
planning cultivation programs for members and prospects.
travel is required to staff committees in multiple markets, coordinating and collaborating with the regional Major Gifts staff in these areas.
Lead market strategy in collaboration with regional, school and program colleagues to ensure goal achievement and strong Eliot member cultivation and participation growth for all identified territories.
Additional duties and/or non-Council City regions may be assigned to the Associate Director, Annual Giving Programs by the Executive Director of Development or Senior Director, Regional Eliot Society Programs.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of experience in development or closely related field.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time is required.
- Experience soliciting gifts of $1,000 or more.
- Experience working with high-level volunteer leadership and staffing volunteer committees.
- Ability to think strategically, analytically, plan and implement effectively.
- Demonstrated interest in meeting people; strong desire to initiate contact with and develop relationships with prospects and donors.
- Demonstrated success as a team member able to work effectively within a complex organization across multiple units dealing with diverse constituents (School deans, administrators, alumni, students, university-wide Development staff and key volunteers) toward development objectives and building effective working relationships.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent program management skills and ability to handle multiple projects effectively; a highly organized work style is essential.
- Ability to effectively utilize computer and database technology; experience with Excel and FileMaker Pro preferred, ability to learn required.
- Attention to detail, highly-motivated, organized and energetic.
The hiring range for this position is $51,909 - $60,000 annually.
To learn more about careers in Alumni & Development please visit http://alumni.wustl.edu/ContactUs/Career_Opportunities/
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Associate Director, Annual Giving Programs - Alumni and Development Programs - 42716
Job ID: 42716
Location: Alumni & Development Programs
Full/Part Time: Full-Time