Washington University of St. Louis Assistant Director, Career Center - School of Law - 49535 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week. May be required to work outside normal office hours.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Career Center. This position is for the Danforth Campus in the School of Law.
The ability to travel to on- and off-campus locations, as well as work remotely during alternate operations is required.
Develops programming and advise for highly ambitious group of students seeking jobs in a variety of areas, including public interest firms, Wall Street firms, the government, and so forth. Collaborates closely with Associate Dean to identify areas for program innovation and improvement.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategic Advising Initiatives: Develop strategic initiatives for advising and implement those initiatives and training programs for ambitious study body. Meet with students and alumni to provide strategic advice and customized plans for career searches, assist with resumes and cover letters as well as other communications, ensure all students are informed of all basic job search resources and tools, and maintain consistent regular communication and follow up with students. Ensure the development and update of necessary written materials and fully utilize software and databases to record student employment data and effectively advise students in the career search.
- Education: Develop educational programs related to professionalism and career success, including a one-hour course.
- Projects: Work on teams and act as team leader as appropriate, to promote and create new initiatives in the specific focus areas assigned (geographic and practice area).
- Presentations: Present to various audiences including prospective students, alumni, employers, students, and other key stakeholders to ensure the success of the law school.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and three years of related experience.
- JD; MBA; or PhD degree.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Previous teaching or training experience.
- Bar license (any state).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer and organizational skills.
- Ability to implement systems.
The hiring range for this position is $52,943 - $68,816 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Assistant Director, Career Center - School of Law - 49535
Job ID: 49535
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time