St. Mary's Good Samaritan Administrative Director of Development - Major Gifts in St. Louis, Missouri
The Administrative Director of Development, reports to the Vice President of the SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Foundation and manages fundraising programs.
The Administrative Director of Development is charged with meeting foundation targets and contributing to the overall growth of philanthropy. This person will manage a team of fundraisers and will carry a prospect portfolio. This individual has a rich development background with experience in major gifts and has a strong track record of successful management.
- Participates as a member of the foundation leadership team, contributing to the overall division planning and providing fundraising counsel to senior leadership.
- Manages the Major Gift Team and insures effective coordination between all aspects of the philanthropic program - annual giving, special gifts and major gifts.
- Provide the essential leadership and guidance for directors and gift officers to maximize productivity; set performance standards, evaluate performance; implement professional development activities for ongoing mentorship.
- Manages the planning and implementation of all major giving initiatives.
- Leads team responsible for individual donor stewardship.
- Bachelor degree required.
- Proven experience in major individual gift fundraising and in cultivating and soliciting prospects capable of gifts at the $100K+ level.
- Experience working in or overseeing fundraising programs.
- Broad knowledge of the principles of fundraising – able to participate in all aspects of the gift cycle: (1) to initiate contacts with potential donors; (2) to develop appropriate cultivation strategies for them; (3) to move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure; (4) to make solicitations when appropriate; (5) to maintain stewardship contacts with donors.
- Understanding of the needs and interests of major donors in order to develop relationships between them and the foundation.
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to successfully manage multi-functional areas.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills required.
- Problem-solving, research and analytical skills.
- Solid relationship-building skills, able to interface with external constituents, leading faculty, administrators and trustees.
- Able to see and understand the objectives of the fundraising team and to integrate their goals with those objectives.
- Experience leading and inspiring a group of ambitious and goal-oriented professionals.
- Able to initiate, analyze, monitor, evaluate and advance strategic advancement plans.
- Able to articulate the case for support so that individuals "buy in" to the vision/mission/goals of the foundation and with sufficient effectiveness to secure gifts at assigned donor giving levels.
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital –
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital is a not-for-profit, 190-bed inpatient and outpatient pediatric medical center in St. Louis, MO. We specialize in neonatology, cardiology, pediatric and fetal surgery, and cancer services. We care for children of all ages from St. Louis, Missouri, Illinois and from around the world. We also focus on the overall health of our communities in addition to the health of the children living in them.
Our love for kids just keeps on growing!
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Organization: SSM Health, St. Louis
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Louis-SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital
Work Locations: SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital (0010) 1465 S. Grand Blvd. St. Louis, 63104
Job: Professional Services
Req ID: 18014365