Bernhard, LLC Sr. Controls Specialist in Springfield, Missouri
Sr. Controls Specialist
The purpose of the Senior System Technician is to provide on-site installation to complete control systems projects.
Senior System Technician’s responsibilities include leading survey and install efforts on new or retrofit control systems. Specific responsibilities include:
· Performs tasks as required to execute and fully complete assigned projects including: hardware design, system programming, installation coordination, system and network commissioning and project closeout.
· Provides work direction to subcontractors, electrical installers, technicians, designers, and administration as necessary.
· Ensures work performed complies with state, local and Federal legal requirements.
· Completes typical installation hardware design and software programming using established standards as required. Provides detailed information to communicate design and operation to customers and subcontractors.
· Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and/or scheduling changes. Communicates both technical and business-related issues with the project manager.
· Assist with the selection, ordering, budget and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
· Manages and completes the loading, device verification, and commissioning of all system controllers as required. Validates complete system functionality and resolves issues with subcontractors and others to ensure proper operation. Provides accurate project as-built and commissioning documentation.
· Provides coaching, mentoring and technical assistance to System Technicians, Electrical
· Installers and System Designers. Provides technical assistance to subcontractors. Ensures that delegated tasks are done accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within scope of the contract.
· Assist with the development of project plans and coordinates the required resources to ensure timely and cost effective installation and completion of assigned projects.
· Performs site-specific training for owner/operator on the total system in full or with assistance. Provides proper documentation and manuals for system operation.
· Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with contractors, clients, consultants and subcontractors. Attends job progress meetings as required.
· Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety
· Participates in internal and external training programs as required by supervisor.
· Any other duties as assigned by Company Leadership.
Travel will be required and is dependent on project location and needs. The travel commitment is estimated to be as high as 50% of regular work schedule per month. Generally, travel is during the work week and not expected over weekends.
Skills & Requirements
· 10+ years of controls experience
· Experience with JCI, Siemens, Honeywell, Trane, Tridium, Schneider, or other building automation systems.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Healthcare or Higher Education project experience
· Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Work, Excel, PowerPoint.
Physical/Work Environment Requirements
· The work environment will be a combination of an office environment and site survey environment.
· Site surveys will include exposure to external weather, loud noises, and poorly accessible spaces.
· Ability to survey confined spaces within a facility to gather necessary information on building equipment.
· The use of ladders to survey equipment above ceiling is required periodically.
Bernhard is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is Bernhard’s policy to recruit, test, hire, promote, transfer, compensate, train, grant leave, and terminate based on merit and business needs, and without regard to race, creed, age, color, ancestry/national origin, sex, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, religion, sexual orientation/sexual identity, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or other basis prohibited by law.
To staffing/placement agencies: We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and placement agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to an employee of Bernhard LLC or its operating companies) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and Bernhard, LLC (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with a requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of Company, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
If you are an agency and would like to be considered for partnership with Bernhard, LLC please send your company’s information firstname.lastname@example.org.