Aerotek Systems Engineer in Saint Louis, Missouri
We are seeking experienced Systems Engineers responsible for working with an engineering team to execute an interdisciplinary systems engineering process on complex system development programs. This responsibility includes helping to ensure that the customer’s and stakeholders’ requirements and needs are satisfied in a high quality, trustworthy, cost efficient, and schedule compliant manner throughout a system’s entire life cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to complete a technical project independently. Review customer specifications and requirements, and develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable.
• Ability to collaborate in major problem resolution efforts and support regaining or attaining customer partnership status.
• Responsible for executing the systems engineering process including requirements analysis and engineering, architectural design, systems engineering documentation, risk management, verification and validation, and completion of activities on time and budget.
• Support hands-on integration and test activities, if required.
• Support acquisition of hardware and software (or subcontractor services as needed).
• Enforce systems engineering design process and integrate into program plans.
• Support risk and opportunity management.
• Study alternative concepts and use of simulations to predict system performance.
• Responsible for working with a team of diverse engineers on a technical activity and completion of activity on time and budget.
• May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments.
• Review customer specifications and requirements, and engineer traceable development requirements to best realize them, including cost as a key design variable.
• Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services.
• Provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• B.S. Degree in Engineering, Systems Science, Mathematics, Physics, or equivalent, and 5 years of experience.
• Must possess excellent analytical and communication skills, written and verbal.
• Must have demonstrated experience with modern systems engineering principles and practices.
• Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products.
• Must have ability to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Clearance
• INCOSE ASEP or CSEP certification (or equivalent) desired.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.