Astellas Pharma Senior Executive Representative I, Hematology - AML - St Louis, MO in Saint Louis, Missouri
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Senior Executive Representative I Hematology opportunity in the St Louis, MO area.
Product to be promoted is Xospata - AML
Purpose & Scope:
To ensure the achievement of sales goals in territory by promoting Astellas product and services to physicians and other medical personnel within assigned geography. Educate customers on the use, characteristics, advantages, indicated treatment and all other developments related to promoted products. Professionally represent Astellas in the field and ensure high levels of visibility and customer satisfaction in territory. Maintain effective communication and relationships with key external and internal customers.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Call on targeted physicians and oncology centers to promote and educate on the use of Astellas products through one-on-one meetings and presentations, professional education programs and other appropriate means. Responsible for ensuring high levels of call and field productivity; expected to meet and exceed expectations for call plans, with 5 days in the field each week, supported by office time needed for call planning and follow-up, preparing presentations, making appointments, etc.
- Execute Sales plans and business territory plan activities, and support customers using company resources and promotional activities as identified by Regional Sales Manager
- Leverage clinical knowledge to influence prescribing habits
- Coordinate promotional efforts with peers across franchises
- Achieve quarterly sales goals within territory while adhering to all ethical sales practices and required regulations
- Deliver the highest level of clinical and technical value, helping the healthcare customer meet their unique patient care needs, while operating at all times within regulatory guidelines
- Ensure optimum strategy development using annual territory business plan and call activity reports
- Responsible for accurately reporting sales activities, testing, territory expenses and submitting written reports as necessary by the deadline set forth and defined by Astellas of Regional Sales Manager
- Appropriately manage and maintain all company equipment and promotional materials (company literature, materials, etc.) according to necessary company guidelines
- Attend all company-sponsored sales and medical meetings as directed by company management (POA's, National Sales Meetings, Regional and Local Conventions, etc.)
- Build strong relationships with KOL's and identify potential speakers
- Actively pursue continuous learning and professional development on efficient sales and communication techniques and product / therapeutic area training
- Additional responsibilities as necessary
- Direct impact on obtaining sales attainment
- Maintain adequate call coverage at National Level
- Deployment of promotional resources at National Level
- Reports to Manager Regional Sales
- No Direct Reports
- BA / BS degree
- Proven track record of success with a minimum of 5 years pharmaceutical/healthcare selling experience
- Extensive knowledge of sales processes and pharmaceutical products and industry
- 2+ years of successful Hematology/Oncology clinical selling
- Ability to manage territory success in complex data driven market
- Solid understanding of Hematology/Oncology reimbursement landscape
- Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Proactive; Can do approach; Takes ownership of situations
- Problem solving abilities
- High motivational and persuasion skills
- Team Orientation -- Effectively work and partner with team members to ensure positive impact on team dynamics and team goals
- Documented record of performance and achievement
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- 50-66% Travel is required
- Valid Driver's License in good standing
- 3+ years of specialty (Hematology/Oncology) experience in a commercial role.
- 2+ years promoting specialty products
- Major hospital / medical / institution experience and local market knowledge preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled