Marriott Director of Restaurant Operations in Saint Louis, Missouri
Job Number 21057952
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Ritz-Carlton St. Louis, 100 Carondelet Plaza, Clayton, Missouri, United States VIEW ON MAP (https://www.google.com/maps?q=The+Ritz-Carlton+St.+Louis%2C100+Carondelet+Plaza%2CClayton%2CMissouri%2CUS)
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Manages all restaurant and kitchen operations and staff on a daily basis. Areas of responsibility include Restaurants/Bars, Room Service and Kitchen. As a department head, directs and works with the food and beverage/culinary management team and employees to successfully execute all restaurant and kitchen operations. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 6 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, event management, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, event management, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Day-to-Day Operations
• Estimate food, liquor, wine, and other beverage consumption in order to anticipate amounts to be purchased or requisitioned.
• Maintains service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar/lounge and room service areas.
• Order and purchase equipment and supplies.
Developing and Maintaining Food and Beverage Goals
• Establishes challenging, realistic and obtainable goals to guide operation and performance.
• Develops business goals and creates appropriate development plans.
• Integrates objectives, opportunities and resources to achieve business goals.
Developing and Maintaining Budgets
• Identifies and addresses financial opportunities as needed.
• Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
• Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Maximizes revenue opportunities through competitive pricing of food & beverage products and services.
• Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
Leading Food and Beverage Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Develops means to improve profit, including estimating cost and benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Acts as the guest service role model for the restaurants, sets a good example of excellent customer service, and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on management.
• Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Estimates cost and benefit ratio, maintaining balance between profit and service satisfaction.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds effectively to guest problems and handles complaints.
• Shares plans with property leadership and ensures corrective action is taken to continuously improve guest satisfaction results.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Ensures that expectations and objectives are clearly communicated to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns.
• Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report managers.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and or managers.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Informs and/or update the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Recognizes good quality products and presentations.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.