1904labs DevOps Engineer in Saint Louis, Missouri
About Us Interested in working for a human-centered technology company that prides itself on using modern tools and technologies? Want to be surrounded by intensely curious and innovative thinkers who push one another to come up with the best solutions possible?
Seeking to solve complex technical challenges by building products that work for people, meet and exceed the needs of businesses, and work elegantly and efficiently?
Modeling ourselves after the 1904 World’s Fair, which brought innovation to the region, 1904labs is seeking top technical talent in St. Louis to bring innovation and creativity to our clients.
Our clients consist of Fortune 500 and Global 2000 companies. We partner with them on complex projects that range from reimagining and refactoring their existing applications, to helping to envision and build new applications or data streams to operationalize their existing data. Working in a team-based labs model, using our own flavor of #HCDAgile, we strive to work at the cutting edge of technology’s capabilities while solving problems for our clients and their users.
The Role As a DevOps Engineer you will be charged with supporting teams routinely asked to press the boundaries of the possible. You will help to shape our use of automation tooling, and development of micro-services infrastructure while working with massively distributed systems. You will be at home in Linux and aware of the operating system fundamentals in terms of configuration, security, and networking. This role is right for you if you have also considered the role of Site Reliability Engineer or Delivery Engineer.
However, you are not "just a system administrator", your real passion is software development and you think that DevOps is an enabler to help increase your ability to deliver with speed and scale. You possess strong fundamental knowledge of computer science, you are able to articulate the benefits and tradeoffs of competing technology choices and approaches. You are comfortable in Test Driven, CI supported, and high quality team based environments. We have a deep passion for application architecture, infrastructure automation, systems and integration design, API and application development.
Requirements for DevOps Engineer We would like to talk to you if you have experience with one or more of the following technologies and environments:
• Automation: Docker, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc. . . For building automated deployment processes
• Languages: Python / Java, Shell Scripting
• DevOps: Experience working with linux tuning and administration
• Micro-services: deployment and development experience
• Cloud Native: Experience Provisioning Azure, AWS, and or Google Cloud environments as well as working with tools like Cloud Foundry and / or Kubernetes
• Cloud Integration: Extended experience with Azure, AWS, GCP and / or Cloud Foundry based services for building container based systems and integration
• Database: Experience with RDBMS(Oracle, MySql, PostGres) as well as NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra, Hbase)
Desired Skills for DevOps Engineer • MicroServices Architecture and Design
• Programming: Awareness of multiple programming languages and operating systems
• Agile: Experience working in a collaborative Agile Environment
Perks • Standard Benefits Program (medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), professional development and education assistance, PTO)
• Innovation Hours - Ten percent (10%) of our work week is set aside to work on our own product ideas in a highly collaborative and supportive environment. The best part: The IP remains your own. We are a high-growth culture and we know that when we help people focus on personal and professional growth, collectively, we can achieve great things.
• Dress Code - we don't have one
While we are in the midst of the Covid pandemic our primary work location is our home offices. Once this is behind us, we will return to our normal hybrid model of working from the office and from home. For this reason we still prefer local candidates. While we would prefer local candidates your current location is not the most important factor; please help us understand why you would like to call St. Louis home if you would be relocating.