MasterCard Software Development Engineer II, DevOps in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer II, DevOps
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
By joining Mastercard’s Cyber and Intelligence technology organization, you’ll deliver exciting new solutions that will fight fraud, reduce customer risk, and validate cardholder identity. As a member of MasterCard's Decision Management Platform, you’ll work on a world class platform that processes billions of transactions per day, in ten’s of milliseconds, using a multi-tiered, message-oriented approach for high performance and availability. The Software Engineer position will help define and execute on the platform’s CICD strategy and infrastructure automation roadmap to transform the way we build, deploy, and run our software. Infrastructure and deployment automation are key enablers that underpin our ability to efficiently scale the platform to meet market driven growth demands and respond to global pressures driven by regionalism and nationalism such as “on soil” requirements.
Would you like to be part of a team developing industry leading solutions to fight fraud?
Are you motivated by using state of the art technologies to speed business solutions to market?
Do you want to create innovative technology solutions to solve challenging business problems?
• Execute against a program strategy for advancing program level deployment and infrastructure automation capabilities
• Support program infrastructure automation build efforts, and develop automation capabilities to promote quality by design, self-healing, and fault tolerance at the platform infrastructure layer.
• Build and manage health of development environments, including physical infrastructure and support of on demand dev cloud provisioning
• Build and managed application CICD pipelines, and infrasturcutre automation capabilities
• May manage medium-sized project/initiatives as an individual contributor with advanced knowledge within discipline, leading a segment of several initiatives or a larger initiative, or may formally supervise a small team, and assigns day-to-day work
• Designs and develops applications, system to system interfaces and complete software solutions, performs vendor-related activities, and creates documentation such as user guides and software development guides
All About You
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive, and have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Strong knowledge of software development processes including agile processes and test driven development
• Experience with the design and development of complex, multi-tier software solutions
• Essential Skills required:
· Proven hands on experience with various Infrastructure Automation tools including CHEF, SaltStack, and Habitat.
· Proven hands on experience building cookbooks/templates/plans to automate provisioning of physical and virtual hosts, as well as operational run activities.
· Proven hands on experience in deployment automation concepts and tooling including Jenkins, Artifactory, GIT, Maven, and advanced branching strategies
· Proven hands on experience with enterprise monitoring tools such as Splunk and Dynatrace.
· Background and understanding of various PaaS and Container Orchestration Systems such as Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes.
· Strong understanding of Linux VMs and Cloud Based VMs
· Strong Linux and shell scripting
· Oracle & PL/SQL and advanced SQL scripting
· A wide breadth and depth of technical experience using Java/JEE
· Spring Framework (including Spring Boot).
· Desirable Skills:
· Messaging – MQ and JMS
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-120893