MasterCard Senior Software Engineer in Test in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Engineer in Test
Job Description Summary
MDES is looking for a high-energy, detail oriented Senior Test Engineer in the Ofallon/Winghaven location to join a Team that specializes in the external API portion of our Tokenization process. This Team builds and maintains the APIs that our external wallets (Apple Pay/Android Pay/Samsung Pay) and our Issuers connect with to ensure a secure payment transaction.
As part of an exciting, fast paced environment developing payment solutions in the mobile and e-commerce space, this position will lead software engineering projects, develop software and deliver enhanced software solutions.
• Coordinate and participate in the review and testing activities to ensure the quality and functionality of assigned MasterCard developed systems.
• Assist project team in identifying and monitoring project testing risks and issues.
• Perform automated and manual testing and validate results to confirm adherence and conformance to installation standards and methodologies. Review user manuals for accuracy.
• Ensure timely and accurate communication with Development Leads, Project Manager and Senior Management throughout the life cycle of the project.
• Ability to coordinate and interact across multiple departments.
• Review project test and implementation schedules. Monitor, document, and report the current status of projects. Participate in review of project deliverables.
• Actively participate in all aspects of the Agile process to include story pointing, attending elaboration sessions and creating acceptance criteria.
• Manage defect resolution process and support outside testing environments such as Testing Services.
• Follow and promote Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes in the department. Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency. Mentor and guide other team members during all phases of the SDLC. Ensure adequate test coverage System Testing/Integration and Regression Testing
All About You
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written; able to communicate with technical people as well as management and business.
• Has a broad understanding of Software Engineering Concepts, Testing and Methodologies is required.
• Ability to be flexible, accountable, reliable, and industrious.
• Establish a strong presence as a change agent providing innovative, effective, and efficient Quality Assurance practices and solutions.
• Ability to manage multiple priority efforts in parallel and ensure Quality Assurance standards are followed.
• Ability to work in an Agile environment.
• High-energy, detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Fluent in Java and object-oriented development
• Strong background in test automation with a focus on APIs
• Experience REST Assured, Apache REST or other service-layer framework
• Working experience with JDBC connections, Oracle databases and PL/SQL
• Experience with JUnit and/or TestNG
• Working experience with Selenium WebDriver (Java)
• Working experience of delivery tools and scripting (Bamboo, Jenkins)
• Working knowledge of ALM tool.
• Experience in Pivotal Cloud Foundry or other cloud platforms
• Experience and knowledge of continuous delivery and/or continuous integration.
• Experience with Spring Framework
• SoapUI Pro / Ready API
• Groovy scripting
• Familiar with the SAFe methodology is a plus.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-125217