MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer
"Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Have you ever wanted to be a part of something BIG? Now is the time to make an immediate impact for a Leading Global Technology Company, MasterCard. This Business Intelligence Developer role will contribute to the design, development, testing, documentation and maintenance of reporting and analytic solutions using Qlik. You will also work with teams across the company to implement new data visualizations while maintaining the stability of the platform. You will be responsible for utilizing Qlik to transform data into visualized information. In addition, you’ll work within the Fraud Data Engineering team to grow their knowledge and expertise. You will get the chance to work with extremely large data sets and be on the cutting edge of transforming the way Mastercard captures, processes, stores and visualizes transactional data.
• Develop both internal and external dashboards using Qlik
• Work closely with team members from across Mastercard to identify functional and system requirements
• Design, develop and implement datamarts with quality and integrity at the top of mind to support our products
• Create documentation to support knowledge sharing; including flowcharts and diagrams
• Provide oversight and guidance to our Data Engineering development team
• Read and interpret conceptual, logical, and physical models
• Understand data modeling concepts and their application: entities and tables, relations and constraints, attribute data types and column data types
All About You
• BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
• Experience using Qlik or related Business Intelligence technologies such as WebFocus, Tableau, PowerBI
• Deep understanding of high-performant data concepts such as file stores, wide column databases, key-value pairs, etc.
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Highly analytical with the ability to work independently
OTHER VALUABLE SKILLS
• Prior experience with; Hadoop, Kafka
• Agile/Scrum methodology experience"
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-113539