MasterCard Lead UX/Mobile Developer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead UX/Mobile Developer
As part of an exciting, fast paced environment developing digital identity and security solutions in the mobile and e-commerce space, this position will provide technical expertise within the development lifecycle for new products and services.
Digital Identity: Everything you need to prove you are you – right in your pocket. It is digital wallet to hold your personally identifiable information such as Driver’s License and Passport information so that you are in control of your information right on your phone and will release to anyone only by your consent. Digital Identity is an important asset and Mastercard ID Service helps to keep it in your control.
• Are you interested in re-defining how MasterCard does digital identity today?
• Have you ever brought a product to market on a global scale?
• Are you motivated to stay on cutting edge of technology?
• Work with stakeholders, Tech leads, architects, and project managers to review and understand requirements. Ensure that the team has a clear and complete picture of successful delivery.
• Create designs that meet requirements and work with leads and architects facilitate the review and approval process with key stakeholders
• Work with team for breaking down project work into stories, size development effort, and plan sprints.
• Work with team’s resources, and support team members in overcoming technical and project challenges to complete planned work.
• Facilitate internal technical support for your team’s projects to achieve successful production deployment.
• Support the creation and maintenance of internal technical documentation.
• Provide technical leadership, and mentor other technical resources.
• Experience in the technical decision making process that defines the architecture and implementation of our mobile products.
All About You:
The ideal candidate would have the following skills:
• Experience in design and implementation of Mobile and Web Architecture with domain knowledge in Android, iOS and Web Development platforms.
• Experience as a Solution Architect with strong knowledge of and expertise in mobile solution delivery.
• Strong knowledge of Android UI and iOS design principles, patterns, and best practices.
• Hands-on experience in some of the following and willingness to lead a development team with these skills:
Android Tech Skills:
Java, Kotlin (OOP)
Android SDK, different versions of Android
MVC architecture, Design patterns, Memory management
Experience in Android Studio IDE
iOS Tech Required Skills:
Swift programming language (OOP)
Objective C (MVC architecture, Design patterns, Memory management)
CocoaPods / Swift Package Manager / Carthage
Dynamic framework development
Core data framework
Experience in XCode IDE
• Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
• Experience in Android development, including non-UI components
• Experience in developing and integrating with SDKs
• Experience in digital identity, security and cryptography is an added advantage
• Strong knowledge of Android patterns, performance recommendations, threading and best practices
• Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
• Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
• Must be keen on maintaining product quality.
• Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
• Familiarity with SDLC processes and Agile Methodologies
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git etc.
• Self-motivated with the ability to accomplish tasks with minimal direction
The ideal candidate may also possess some of these secondary skills:
• Spring boot, Microservices (Azure)
• Cross-Platform (React-Native, Flutter)
• Fusion Tools including Rally, Jenkins
• Security Coding Techniques and Tools - Fortify, & OWASP vulnerabilities
• Bitbucket Source Control
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-127002