MasterCard Director, Product Management, Switching Solutions in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Product Management, Switching Solutions
Product Director, Network Switching Solutions Product Management
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Network Connectivity and Switching team is dedicated to growing MasterCard revenue from transaction switching and proprietary value-added services associated with switching and as standalone offerings. The Connectivity and Switching Solutions team partners with other Mastercard Product Groups, Operations & Technology and Regional Partners to enhance the strategic fit, quality, efficiency and applicability of Mastercard’s network and services assets to customer needs. The team creates and packages Product and Solutions offerings to drive new transaction flows, VAS product distribution and competitive advantage with merchants, processors, financial institutions, fintechs, and other industry participants.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
The Network Switching Solutions Product Director will lead the product operations function and develop, optimize and manage MNGS product offerings. This role acts as liaison with NAM and international markets to provide operational support and product subject expertise. The director focuses on creating a product management framework to operate MNGS processing products and works with customers, account management, O+T, and other internal regional teams to support new and existing product features globally.
In this position, you will captain a team that will:
• Lead the management of MNGS product operations team utilizing Mastercard Studio (PME) tools and processes (where necessary) to ensure new product features, regional expansion and new development efforts are properly operationalized.
• Provide leadership and expertise managing client expectations, resolving product questions and exceeding client expectations.
• Collaborate with internal teams to ensure that technical changes are reflected in client documentation, testing and internal processes and procedures.
• Work with other MNGS teams to provide input into the product development process to ensure that products designs take operational and client processes into consideration.
• Identify required support processes, procedures and materials to take new products, product enhancements and vertical channel products to market. Understand customer value proposition and product go to market needs from a client perspective. Work with regional product managers to create materials to support launch.
• Support sales in a pre-sales capacity with clients to communicate product capabilities and collaborate to provide recommendations for specific appropriate features/functions. Identify any processing gaps that can be addressed through operational procedures or technical changes.
• Create an internal feedback loop to ensure that the feature/functionality delivered is meeting client needs.
• Collaborate with regional teams to plan product launches and enhancement launches including training, materials, operational and technical support.
• Develop reporting and materials to track key initiatives, product performance, and project/program status.
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should:
• Have significant experience in payment switching technologies, product management and GTM experience in the global payment industry
• Be skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly to non-technical people
• Always look for potential solutions to solve problems including those that require consuming and analyzing significant amounts of information
• Pay strong attention to detail
• Be positive and have a can-do attitude combined with an ability to manage customer expectations and be assertive and persuasive
• Deep knowledge of issuer and acquirer processing features, functions and processes.
• Experience managing staff
• Identify areas where resources fall short of needs and provide thoughtful and sustainable solutions to benefit the team
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-119474