St. Mary's Good Samaritan Patient Care Tech-ER in Mexico, Missouri
The Patient Care Technician is responsible for provision of patient care activities and related non-clinical activities necessary for care of patients and maintenance of nursing units. These duties are performed under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Physician. Duties would include, but not be limited to, personal care and fingersticks.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to lift and ambulate patients. Previous experience in direct patient care preferred or relevant education; background in medical field which can be applied. Willingness and ability to complete patient care tech course and orientation. Ability and willing to rotate shifts and adjust to schedule changes. Ability to work under emotional and physical stress. High level of interpersonal/communication skills in order to relate effectively to physicians, health center staff, clients, patients and their families.
- Takes vital signs and does fingersticks according to Physician's orders and patient status. Reports out of parameter readings.
- Observes for skin irritation and breakdown and reports.
- Notes changes in alertness, orientation and mood and reports.
- Identifies changes in strength and Coordination and reports.
- Answers call lights immediately. Reports patient's needs without delay. Performs tasks in a timely manner.
- Assists or provides for bathing, oral care, linen changes, shaving and hair care.
- Follows directions for patient activities including turning, chair and ambulation.
- Passes trays and snacks in a timely manner. Feeds or assists patient as needed.
- Accurately and legibly record all vital signs, personal care, activities, fingersticks, diet, snacks and I&O.;
- Provides for orderly patient areas.
- Perform EKGs and blood draws.
- High school diploma or GED
- Qualification by 1 - Current Missouri CNA certificate, 2- Missouri EMT license, or 3-Fundamental of Nursing course completed.
- BLS required within 3 months of hire.
- CPI certification required within 3 months of hire.
About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain opened in 1918 as Audrain Medical Center. Today, the 89-bed community hospital offers a range of services including emergency care, cardiology services, medical imaging, men's health services, women and child services, and diabetes education. The hospital features the J.B. & Greta B. Arthur Cancer Center, the Jordan-Waters Heart Center and Healthworks Rehabilitation services.
Organization: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain
Primary Location: Missouri-Mexico-SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – Audrain
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – Audrain (0025) 620 E. Monroe St. Mexico, 65265
Job: Clinical Support & Technical Services
Req ID: 18014869