SSM Health Cook in Mexico, Missouri
The primary purpose of this job position is to prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, with our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Food Service Supervisor and/or Manager of Food Services to assure that quality food service is provided at all times. Under the supervision of the Food Service Supervisor, is responsible for hot food preparation, food waste, and proper HACCP procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge in procedure for using a standardized recipe and adjusting it according to production demands.
- Prepares foods according to standardized recipes and knowledge of yields utilizing proper measuring and production equipment, proper cooking and holding temperatures and procedures.
- Avoids shortages and excess in production.
- Produce a consistent product, is palatable, eye appealing and appropriately portioned.
- Ability to organize time to avoid last minute rush to get the task completed.
- Practices reviewing of upcoming patient menus, cafeteria menus and catering events to assure that appropriate preparation of foods takes place.
- Completes daily production logs including temperature logs/waste logs.
- Attends daily production meeting and communicates needs to Supervisor.
- Follows HACCP principles of sanitation in food production.
- Keeps the work area clean, adhering to the philosophy that you leave the area cleaner than you found it.
- Works as a team member to keep the department clean.
- Stores all leftover foods within 30 minutes of return to the food production area utilizing proper storage techniques including proper labeling and dating.
- Knows and practices rules and regulations of infection control.
- Personal hygiene appropriate and uniform is clean.
- Uses gloves appropriately and follows proper hand washing technique when working with food.
- Wears proper hair restraint while in the department.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Require one year experience in hospital, institutional or restaurant food preparation.
About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain opened in 1918 as Audrain Medical Center. Today, the 89-bed community hospital offers a range of services including emergency care, cardiology services, medical imaging, men's health services, women and child services, and diabetes education. The hospital features the J.B. & Greta B. Arthur Cancer Center, the Jordan-Waters Heart Center and Healthworks Rehabilitation services.
Req ID: 18012211
Primary Location: Missouri-Mexico-SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – Audrain
SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – Audrain (0025) 620 E. Monroe St. Mexico, 65265
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 65265
Weekend Rotation: Full Time, Days
Normal work hours: Facility Operations
Job: SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – Audrain
Organization: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – Audrain (0025) 620 E. Monroe St. Mexico, 65265