St. Mary's Good Samaritan LPN - Mental Health Services in Maryville, Missouri
The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for the delivery of nursing care consistent with the care/treatment plan under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. He/She is a member of the multidisciplinary treatment team and provides services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of the patient.
- Demonstrates the clinical skills and critical thinking under direct supervision of RN, to perform complete head to toe reassessments a minimum of every 8 hours on all patients, including infant, pediatric, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patient populations. Able to assess for signs and symptoms of abuse/neglect for all age specific groups; knowledgeable of resources available to assist patient when need is identified. Provides safe environment specific to the age and development of the patient.
- Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of the patient and family, communicates with case management regarding in-hospital and discharge needs. Interacts with appropriate ancillary departments to provide an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
- Updates the patient’s plan of care as indicated by the patient’s response to treatment according to age and evaluates the overall nursing plan of care for effectiveness. Formulates a teaching plan based upon learning needs identified and evaluates the learning process.
- Is knowledgeable of medications and their correct administration based on the age of the patient and their clinical condition. Performs medication administration functions timely, accurately, and safely using barcode scanning.
- Ensures nursing documentation completed in EPIC is timely, accurate, pertinent, and is completed in the appropriate locations.Demonstrates a good working knowledge of EPIC to include charge entry, charge reconciliation, patient movement, and team member assignment.
- Monitors cardiac telemetry station. Communicates appropriately and clearly to the Shift Coordinator or PCN, House Supervisor, Nurse Manager and physicians regarding any cardiac rhythm abnormalities, accelerating the calls as deemed necessary.
- Restocks fax machine, printer and copy machines. Checks, orders and restocks supplies daily. Sets up pagers/phones and prepares communication board for oncoming shift with staff, assignments, on-call physicians and support staff. Prepares medical records for new admissions and discharged patients. Records all patient status (inpatient, outpatient, MDB, SDC) time of arrival upon admission, discharge, transfer or expiration.
- Exhibits willingness to master new skills and serve as a resource to others. Willingly participates in orientation of new staff members and promotes a positive learning experience for students.
- Graduate of Licensed Practical School of Nursing
- LPN License to practice in the state of Missouri
- IV Therapy Certified, CPR within 1 year of hir and maintain current certification thereafter
*About SSM Health St. Francis Hospital – Maryville *
SSM Health St. Francis Hospital – Maryville is an 81-bed full-service, fully-accredited healthcare organization providing medical care to the residents of Northwest Missouri. As a rural hospital, St. Francis offers emergency, maternity, behavioral health, inpatient, and outpatient services to meet the needs of our community.
Organization: SSM Health St. Francis Hospital – Maryville
Primary Location: Missouri-Maryville-SSM Health St. Francis Hospital – Maryville
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Francis Hospital – Maryville (0042) 2016 S. Main St. Maryville, 64468
Req ID: 18008915