Graybar Learning and Development Specialist in Maryland Heights, Missouri
Make a difference.
If you want to be an integral part of a HR team in Maryland Heights, MO, this Learning & Development Specialist role at Graybar may be the right fit for you. Human Resources has an open position focusing on onboarding and retention of new hires, employee recognition, employee engagement and change management. As a Learning & Development Specialist, you willbe responsible for updating and managing existing programs, as well as creating and managing talent solutions that drive employee performance and engagement.
In this role you will be:
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously, working both collaboratively and independently to balance and successfully execute on project objectives and related tasks with internal and external resources as necessary.
- Collaborating, creating and executing strategies to support:
- New Employee Orientation and Onboarding
- Employee Recognition
- Engagement and Retention
- Change Management
- Collaborating on scalable Talent Management initiatives, from conception and design through project planning, implementation, documentation, measurement and continuous improvement.
- Actively and consistently demonstrate Graybar values.
What you bring to the table:
• Ability to organize, prioritize, coordinate, implement and manage complex or multiple projects and tasks in a rapidly changing, fast paced environment in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
• Excellent listening, written and verbal interpersonal communication skills and the ability to interact with diverse personalities and influence without formal authority.
• Proven self-management skills, including the ability to lead by example and foster positive working relationships and manage time effectively.
• Highly proficient in MS Outlook and Office Suite. Skilled in HRIS systems (Taleo or Workday).
- 5 years of Human Resources experience in large, multi-location organization with decentralized leadership structure.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organization Development/Effectiveness, Industrial Psychology, Business Administration, or related field strongly preferred.
- Able to work with minimal oversight, in a fast-paced environment with multiple and often changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects or programs - work prioritization, planning, and coordination across teams.
- Strategic thinking and strong implementation skills
Why Should You Join Graybar?
Graybar is a leading North American distributor of electrical, communications and data networking products and a provider of supply chain management and logistics solutions. Come see why Graybar is continually ranked as a top employer across the country.
As an employee-owned company, our employees are the key to our success. We provide comprehensive benefits and opportunities for learning and development. Whether you are just starting your career or have years of experience, you will be proud to work for a thriving company with a solid foundation. Learn more at Graybar.com/careers
*This is your chance to grow your career with Graybar. Apply now and find out what’s next for you. *
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the Law) http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Title: Learning and Development Specialist
Location: Missouri-Maryland Heights