Alphapointe Vocational Rehabilitation and Clinical Practice Manager in Kansas City, Missouri
As part of its mission, Alphapointe provides preferential hiring to people with vision impairments (legally blind).
Alphapointe is a non-profit agency whose mission is to empower people with vision loss to achieve their goals and aspirations. Alphapointe offers a great working environment that's both challenging and satisfying as well as an array of benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, vacation and sick time, paid holidays and flexible spending options as well as a generous 401(k).
Job Summary: Responsible for Profit and Loss of Rehabilitation and Education programming and Low Vision Clinical services.. Develops, coordinates, initiates, and oversees case management and delivery of services to consumers who are blind or low vision referred from State Rehabilitation agencies and/or medical community. Supervises direct service staff in vocational rehabilitation, Occupational Therapists and Low Vision practice. Manages the College Prep and Summer Transition Employment Program (STEP).
- Build and foster an environment of excellence by managing practice staff and developing a high-performing team/culture while establishing clear direction of accountability and for day-to-day operations, objectives and strategic goals.
- Responsible for negotiating contracts and ensuring compliance with state vocational rehabilitation agencies. This includes pricing, scope of work and reporting.
- Ensure the office is opened and closed daily, as per established schedules.
- Interview, hire and train new staff in accordance with HR guidelines.
- Manage daily staffing to ensure optimal operation of the practice.
- Regularly review productivity and make staffing adjustments as needed.
- Monitor and approve timecards and track licensure requirements for staff.
- Conduct regular staff meetings and annual performance evaluations for the administrative team.
- Maintain a personal relationship with referral sources and promote Alphapointe to ensure continued pipeline of clients. Seek new referral sources where possible.
- Manage the P&L of the practice, ensuring that expenses are controlled and revenue targets are achieved. Adjust as appropriate to achieve P&L targets.
- Responsible for all revenue cycle management (RCM) workflow- credentialing, billing, insurance.
- Negotiate new contracts with state vocational rehabilitation agencies and ensure practice adheres to those contract requirements at all times.
- Assist in developing the practice budget.
- Accountable to drive the financial performance of the practice by ensuring the budgeted productivity, labor and other expenses are controlled and revenue targets are met.
- Identify strategy for growth and execute plans to achieve growth goals
- Design, develop, and submit proposals for vocational service modifications and new components to enhance, supplement, or expand vocational services.
- Evaluate and recommend curriculum for the rehabilitation services area. Implement new components in such a way as to provide for smooth and efficient transition in program services.
- Ensures that all documentation is completed on program participants.
- Acts as liaison to referral sources. Schedules and conducts planning meetings with clients and referral sources, as necessary.
- Ensure all case management documentation is completed on consumers at entry. Explain programs to consumers. Answer questions and help consumers problem solve rehabilitation issues.
- Submit comprehensive evaluation, monthly, and final reports to referral sources in a timely fashion.
- Counsel consumers regarding issues of work-related behaviors, attendance, and all other program-related expectations. Help consumers resolve adjustment issues and utilize community resources.
- Designs, develops, and submits proposals for service modifications and new components to enhance, supplement, or expand services.
- Performs billing activities for Youth services and/or ensures Accounting personnel have necessary information to invoice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or equivalent is highly preferred, appropriate experience may be substituted for educational requirements
- 3+ years of experience in a healthcare or clinic setting is required
- Progressive levels of leadership experience with focus on business results
- Proven track record in growing medical practice revenues and volumes
- Prior experience with process improvements and successful track record in leading operational teams.
- Strong organizational, analytics and multi-tasking skills and ability to be calm during stressful situations.
- Knowledge of the characteristics of blindness and low vision is preferred and further knowledge of other disabilities is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Alphapointe is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
Department: Rehabilitation & Education
Location: Kansas City, MO